hiropractic treatments have been practiced for years to treat numerous conditions. This type of therapy is preferred for being non-invasive to the body, unlike surgery or medication. It’s considered an effective treatment for lower back pain and injuries.
During a chiropractic session, a certified chiropractor uses hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments to align the body’s spine. Through this manipulation, mobility is restored, and the patient experiences many benefits, such as:
- Heals Soft Tissues: injured soft tissues can start healing in the presence of movement. When you suffer an injury, chiropractic adjustments can contribute to a faster healing and recovery process.
- Decreases Inflammation: No matter the condition from which you are suffering, the movements and adjustments the chiropractor practices helps in reducing inflammation and increasing range of motion. The majority of the patients experience almost immediate pain relief after a chiropractic session.
- Decreases Prenatal Discomfort: Chiropractic treatment is also excellent during pregnancy. Due to weight gain, the spine gets compromised, and pregnant women suffer from lower back pain. The spinal adjustments help reduce the tension and relax the muscles.
- Improves Circulation: Blood circulation gets regenerated. As a result, it also helps people with high blood pressure.
- Improves Athletic Performance: Increases energy levels, vitality, and sleep are improved. There’s an overall health & wellness improvement, the nerve system functions better, and muscle or ligament tension after performing sports gets reduced.
Chiropractic Treatments Improves Your Health
Healthy people can also benefit from chiropractic treatments. Different symptoms caused by daily activities like long work hours, bad posture, lousy sleep, and more can be eliminated.
Some interesting facts* about chiropractic treatments are:
- Over 27 million Americans get chiropractic treatment annually
- A chiropractic adjustment is performed around 1 million times every business day in the United States
- Visiting a chiropractor for back pain could save medicare $83.5 million every year
- 94% of patients that go under chiropractic treatment see a 30% reduction in lower back pain after four weeks
*Facts from thegoodbody.com